* Opengl and extension
@ 2002-09-16 12:31 Eddy Cappeau
From: Eddy Cappeau @ 2002-09-16 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I've tried to use multitexture extension of opengl with gnat,
but this extension isn't in the list returned by glGetString.

However, with the same program in C, compiled with  VC++,
the extensions si present.

Are the gnat library too old ? If it's so, where can I find a newer one ?

Eddy

* Re: Opengl and extension
@ 2002-09-16 14:41 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-09-16 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Eddy Cappeau" <cappeau@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I've tried to use multitexture extension of opengl with gnat,
> but this extension isn't in the list returned by glGetString.
>
> However, with the same program in C, compiled with  VC++,
> the extensions si present.
>
> Are the gnat library too old ? If it's so, where can I find a newer one ?

The GNAT distribution does not include an OpenGL library. So you must
have gotten the OpenGL library somewhere else.

What OS are you on?

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Opengl and extension
@ 2002-09-16 15:13   ` Eddy Cappeau
From: Eddy Cappeau @ 2002-09-16 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm on Win 2K
There is a libopengl32.a in my Gnat/lib directory.
I though it was provided by the gnat.

"Stephen Leake" <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> a �crit dans le message
news: uwupmate3.fsf@gsfc.nasa.gov...
> "Eddy Cappeau" <cappeau@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I've tried to use multitexture extension of opengl with gnat,
> > but this extension isn't in the list returned by glGetString.
> >
> > However, with the same program in C, compiled with  VC++,
> > the extensions si present.
> >
> > Are the gnat library too old ? If it's so, where can I find a newer one
?

> The GNAT distribution does not include an OpenGL library. So you must
> have gotten the OpenGL library somewhere else.
>
> What OS are you on?
>
> --
> -- Stephe

* Re: Opengl and extension
@ 2002-09-16 18:01     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-09-16 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Eddy Cappeau" <cappeau@yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm on Win 2K
> There is a libopengl32.a in my Gnat/lib directory.
> I though it was provided by the gnat.

A reasonable assumption :). Hmm. That file does appear in
GNAT/lib/win32 in my distribution; I did not look there the first
time, since you didn't say you were on Windows.

So now I get to ask; what version of GNAT do you have? The latest
public version is 3.14p; try upgrading to that.

I suspect libopengl32.a is simply a binding to the Win32 OpenGL DLL; I
don't see why it would return different results via C. Very odd.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Opengl and extension
@ 2002-09-17 12:26       ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-09-17 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:
> I suspect libopengl32.a is simply a binding to the Win32 OpenGL DLL; I
> don't see why it would return different results via C. Very odd.

DLL's are supposed to strive to be backward-compatable, to the extent of
fully supporting older interfaces. Perhaps the Ada bindings call into an
older interface than the C bindings he is using.

* Re: Opengl and extension
@ 2002-09-18  8:28       ` Chris Moore
From: Chris Moore @ 2002-09-18  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:<uadmhbypu.fsf@gsfc.nasa.gov>...

<snip>

> I suspect libopengl32.a is simply a binding to the Win32 OpenGL DLL; I
> don't see why it would return different results via C. Very odd.

Unless the C version links against, say, the NVIDIA implementation.

Chris Moore