From: "Thomas Løcke" <tl@ada-dk.org>
Subject: Re: Ada group on identica
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 10:24:23 +0100
Date: 2010-12-09T10:24:23+01:00	[thread overview]

On 2010-12-09 09:58, Maciej Sobczak wrote:
> Considering a small size of the Ada community, creating too many
> groups, forums, fan pages and whatnot like this will inevitably lead
> to dispersing the effort. I'm not sure if the community can afford
> this.

The community is currently very small, compared to other languages. I
think it is safe to say that we need all the visibily we can get.

The Ada community generates some interesting things, but few people
outside the Ada community is aware of this.

I do not generate a lot of Ada code (yet!), but I do spend a bit of time
every day trying to attract attention to the work done by people like
you Maciej.

This is just another tool to help with that effort.

> "Not too dissimilar from Twitter" begs the question: what is the added
> value of it?

I think the identi.ca crowd is more technically oriented, so the
audience is probably more inclined to check out a blurb about Ada.

Obviously, the more people who subscribe to the Ada group, the more
alive and vibrant it will appear.

--
Regards,
Thomas L�cke