From: ivler@crl.com (J.M. Ivler)
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Link Files in our Users Group File Database
Date: 1996/01/09
Date: 1996-01-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

DBasics Software Company (chorton@dbasic.com) wrote:
: I have no idea why I am taking the time to write this.  You're the
: same one who threatened to have a CGI script bombard me with thousands
: of bogus emails.  I really have to consider the maturity level of the
: poster before responding .... ah but I'm a sucker for a good bar room
: fight anyday.

A CGI script to do e-mail "bombard"ing... heheheheh Okay, let's start
with what a CGI script can do... oh why bother... Had you said I had
"threatened" to bombard you with e-mail, or make an agent to do so, that
would have been acceptable (I wouldn't, but at least you would have
sounded like you knew what you were talking about.). What I said was I
was going to do exactly what I did, follow up you postings with opinions
of your service, and the quality of that service. But I really don't have
to do much... Bombard you with e-mail from a CGI script... hehehehe

Folks, take the rest of the posting any way you like. My opinions of the
author and his service stand. If you want answers, stay on usenet.

: on one's site is through links at other sites.   The "infamous" yahoo
: search engines account for a mere fraction of the hits.  I wonder why

Gee, please share with me the secret of the great "infamous" yahoo search
engine. Is it a web-walker, web-crawler, web-weaver, web-dancer, or just
a figment of your imagination?

: SO?  What' the point?  Because their's a mouse-trap it can't be
: improved upon or enhanced?   You've got such an AOL mentality!

Now that is funny. I would get into the grammar, but being dyslexic
myself,I'll let it pass... but to accuse me of "AOL mentality"... Dink.

: Now get your butt back over to the CGI group where you belong and keep
: the CGI newsgroup flaming attitude for your own neighborhood.

Excuse me officer Craig, but I frequent 81 technical newsgroups, but
before I add one more, I'll write for permission. Promise.

jmi