From: Bengt-Inge Dalenback <bid@ta.chalmers.se>
Subject: Switching to ADA
Date: 1996/01/08
Date: 1996-01-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have been a Modula-2 programmer for about 8 years and are considering
to switch to Ada since there seems to be Windows 3.1/95/NT implementations
that seem to promise better support than I have had sofar with Modula-2
(0).
Ada is also much closer to my way of thinking than C is, wich otherwise
would be the obvious choice if I only was after getting better support
for Windows programming.

Since ADA and Modula-2 seem to have many similar concepts, I would
be very happy if anybody could give me an indication of the pain involved
in converting a large Windows 3.1 program to ADA - languagewise - assuming
that a proper environment can be found.

Best regards

Bengt-Inge Dalenback
Department of Applied Acoustics