From: "Phoebe" <no@nospam.net>
Subject: Investigating Ada
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:25:52 GMT
Date: 2005-10-04T23:25:52+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi everyone,
I have been looking into Ada as a new language to pick up. I tend to use C
for most projects, but I enjoy learning new things. I'm already sold on the
value of the language itself from a technical point of view, but my concern
is that it might have a rather small userbase, especially without the Ada
Mandate. I am having trouble finding recent FAQs or usage information. It's
easy to come across something from like 1994, but that's over ten years ago
;)
I'm going to learn it anyway, but I'm just hoping that people could comment
on its popularity, and also how it has kept up against the other languages
which surely must have incorporated a lot of its advantages by now. Thanks