From: Rob Veenker <veenker@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: jgnat -
Date: 17 Mar 2010 18:52:54 GMT
Date: 2010-03-17T18:52:54+00:00	[thread overview]

Albrecht K�fer wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:01:42 +0100, Steffen Huber <spam@huber-net.de>
> wrote:
>> I downloaded GNAT GPL 2009 a few days ago and started to experiment
>> a bit. Basically, it is (nearly) a nightmare. Don't try to use GPS
>> for anything. It is (IMHO) an unstable pile of crap with a horrible
>> UI. Don't try to make Eclipse work with GNATbench and jvm-gnat and
>> expect easy integration into other Eclipse Java stuff.
>>
>> I think it is a real shame that no completely integrated package
>> is available for this certainly interesting technology. It is no
>> wonder that most people just use another language.
>
> In unrelated news, there's no Visual Studio 2008 integration (or, heavens
> forbid, VS2010) for GNAT.Net, and last time I tried, it didn't work with
> VS2005 either.
> Good times.
>

> Albrecht

Integration with VS 2005 should work. I tested it on my machine and I
can even create PDA (compact framework) applications with GNAT GPL 2009
for .Net. I remember that quite some time ago there was a thread on the
problems of integrating GNAT GPL 2008 in Visual Studio. I believe the
problem was solved in the registry.

BTW, You can try my experimental project DartScore
on http://www.xs4all.nl/~veenker/links.html. It has a VS 2005 project
which demonstrates the use of C# combined with Ada.

Rob