From: "marcelo.batera@gmail.com" <marcelo.batera@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT Project Manager and DLLs
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:59:46 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2008-02-19T14:59:46-08:00	[thread overview]

On 19 fev, 19:16, Simon Wright <simon.j.wri...@mac.com> wrote:
> The only differences I can see between a library of mine that does
> create init/final symbols and yours (which don't here, Mac OS X/GNAT
> GPL 2007) are that I have specified Library_Interface and
> Library_Src_Dir. Doesn't seem enough.
>
> After a bit of cross-platform hacking your 'make run' says
>
>    cd pluginlib && ../bin/plug_sample
>
>    Using the locator to load the plugin...
>       Name            => sampleplug
>
>    raised AW_PLUG.LOCATORS.PLUGIN_NOT_FOUND : sampleplug
>
> which I take it is the problem!

it's yet another problem.

as I stated earlier, the problem was not creating a stand-alone
library (which I solved using the Library_Interface option in the
sample's project file).

I haven't tested/ported it to MacOS X (I was going to do this today,
but I driven myself thinking about how to explain the use of AwPlug...
and I came up with a simple example of use and writing some sample
code - I still got to write some things... but well, that's not the
case).

The thing is: it's looking for a file named libsampleplug.so. Your
shared library might be called something else.

I'll work on this 'till next week and write an OS X port of awlib
(there where's the implementation for all the routines that are system
dependent).

btw: I know some Makefiles aren't cross platform, but they can be
easily changed and I intend use scons somewhere in the near future for
the entire project.