From: Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: Accessing finalized values
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 15:47:28 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-05-02T15:47:28-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:00:30 PM UTC-7, sbelm...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Does anyone have any insight into what happens if a program uses the value of an object after it has been finalized, but before it ceases to exist?

Other than protected types, the only definition of what Finalize does is that a user-defined Finalize routine is called on the object and its subcomponents where it exists.  So the effect of accessing it after Finalize is called depends on what Finalize does.  Besides that, "finalization" doesn't have any effect on objects or components that aren't controlled or protected, so you should be able to expect that they'll be the same (if not modified by your program) until the object ceases to exist.

A protected operation on a protected object after it's been Finalized raise Program_Error, I believe.

                              -- Adam