From: Austin Obyrne <austin.obyrne@hotmail.com>
Subject: Ada the Future Language of Secure Communications.
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 07:18:04 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2013-12-07T07:18:04-08:00	[thread overview]

I have recently finished work on a number of ciphers that are all written in Ada-95 and decided to try rewriting these in C++ with the full intention of completing that project but gave up when I realised this was a retrogressive plan.

I do not have any shares in Ada or C++ so there is no reason form to be biased or even partisan about either language and its suitability for encryption programming but I must say that I found Ada so superior to C++ for writing cipher programs that it behoves ne to say so very publicly in case any body else is planning to do so.

I have formed the belief that C++ is a terse, minimalised counter-intuitive language that owes a lot of its characteristics to a time when memory and computer power were not what they are today leaving an unfortunate legacy that is here to stay.  No doubt it can do everything that Ada can do but not quite so well and so smoothly.

I am of the belief that Ada will always be the preferred language for secure communications.  This is important when considering that ‘bulk’ copy ‘n paste encryption of entire computer drive files and ad hoc word processing is very much on the cards in the near future.

adacrypt