Subject: Re: Ada in Denmark and a Wiki article
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 16:27:41 +0200
Date: 2009-09-07T16:27:41+02:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> Nice but I think it would be better if the Ada in Denmark web site
> would concentrate on subjects that are specifically Danish (and quite
> possibly written in Danish, too; there is nothing wrong with that);

We talked about doing the website in danish, but decided on english, as
all danish programmers are fairly proficient in english, and if the site
is in english, other people can benefit from the content also. It's a
win/win situation. Had we done the website in danish, only very few
people would benefit from the content.

> your nice page about Vectors is relevant to users of Ada outside
> Denmark and is written in English, so I think this page should be in
> the Ada Programming wikibook.

When we planned the new website, we did discuss whether a new wiki was
necessary or if we should just link directly to, for example, the Ada
Programming wikibook, but we decided on going with our own, as we wanted
freedom to do whatever we liked, and we guessed (maybe wrongly) that
such freedom would not be possible, if we were to intrude on an already
active wiki.

With our own wiki, we can write whatever we want, however we want. And
if other people feel some of our content is good enough to be added to
for example the Ada Programming wikibook, then they are more than
welcome to grab the content in question and add it. Copy it, modify it,
use it. All content on the ada-dk.org wiki is made available under the
GFDL 1.3 license.

> Anyway, you have my sympathy if that matters to you :)

It does indeed matter. Thank you.  :o)

--
Regards,
Thomas L�cke