From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com>
Subject: Re: Arrays & pointers question
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:37:01 -0600
Date: 2005-11-16T07:37:01-06:00	[thread overview]

csaagpDIESPAMDIE@yahoo.com wrote:
> All objects of my array type have the same dimensions; not all objects
> fill out the same items.
> All of my array objects have the same 'first value, the same 'last
> value and the same 'range,
> but they all do not fill out their arrays to the 'last value.

That's why Tom also mentioned slicing the array that you pass to your
function:

Given:
    X2: MYTYPE(1 .. 20000);

<quote>
The declaration and call of Sort are unchanged.  Since the parameter to
Sort has bounds specified at run time, you also have the option of
sorting just a slice of a MYTYPE array, eg the first ten elements of X2:
    Sort(X2(1 .. 10));
or the last ten elements:
    Sort(X2(19991 .. 20000));
</quote>

Using 'Range in the Sort function properly handles both of these cases
(and any other slices you need to use).  Take a look at the latter part
of his posting again to see how this works.

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com
-- DTraq - XPath In Ada - XML EZ Out