From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.tsoh.plus-bug.bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: GNAT and JVM
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:02:20 +0200
Date: 2009-05-30T18:02:20+02:00	[thread overview]

Alexey Veselovsky wrote:
>> :-� Last time I checked with SofCheck's java2ada,
>> version 50.0 files did work...  That's AppletMagic,
>> not GNAT, but it leaves a choice, so it isn't universally
>> impossible to create Ada specs from modern class files :-).
>
> Why?

Pick the compiler you need and all is well.

O.K., not perfectly well because JGNAT (old),
JGNAT (new), and AppletMagic (any) use almost
the same conventions on the Ada side, but not
exactly the same conventions.

So when you run java2ada (AppletMagic) on a .class file,
not jvm2ada (JGNAT), it produces an Ada package with
some minor differences from what would be produced
by jvm2ada.  Standards are good. ;-)

See
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Platform/VM/Java
for some more on this.

(The page is now in need of an update so that it describes
the new JGNAT conventions, too.)