From: Arouri@bok.com
Subject: Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 1-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor
Date: Friday, 22 May 09 12:09:37 GMT
Date: 2009-05-22T12:09:37+00:00	[thread overview]

Price:$119.99
Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B000BOCBAM
Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B000BOCBAM

Sure, not a real heavy-duty piece of equipment, but perfect to carry to job sites when I need to make a repair or on-site installation.  Most of my work (custom window treatments) is done in my workroom with a higher capacity compressor, but this little guy is great backup.  If I need to take it to a client's house, it does the job. It is a respected, recognizable brand, helping to reassure the client of competence.
This is a good small compressor. I bought it for infrequent use and believe it will be just fine for the occasional flat tire, brad nail project, etc.  It has worked well so far, but big forewarned, this little compressor is very loud.  The Amazon seller provided excellent,  fast service and product arrived in good working order.
I bought this air compressor to use for airbrushing.  I need 20-40 psi and less than 1 cfm.  This compressor will generate 100 psi.  Here is the funny part...  the instruction sheet says for break-in you should turn the regulator valve clockwise all the way and leave it open (no hose, etc) and run for 5 minutes before using.  Fair enough.  No regulator... no valve... the think runs 100 psi and just splills that out into what ever you hook up to it.  You would have to add a regulator to it.  The other joke... it was so incredibly loud it was louder than my 6 HP 60 gallon upright compressor in my garage!!!  Ran it in my basement with the doors and windows shut and my wife was concerned the neigbors Easter dinner would be unejoyable in their homes in the neibhorhood around the house.  The noise was incredible...  I would say equivalent to a Jet air craft taking off in close proximity in terms of decibles.  I have been exposed to two of Campbell Hausfeld's compressors... both were the worst pieces of engineering garbage I have ever seen.   No reflection on Amazon please.
I was really excited about this purchase since it meant I wouldn't have to drag out my big compressor every time I needed to add air to a tire.  Unfortunately, I was very disappointed by this "tool".  All I wanted was a simple & portable compressor to inflate tires and the kids balls, etc.  First time I tried to inflate a car tire, it failed to deliver, meaining now I have a $40 soccer ball & bicycle pump.
Pro's: Cheap
Con's: Very noisy, need earplugs. Hard to inflate tires, as attachment won't depress when pressed unto tire valve, especially if tire very flat. Have to use before tank builds pressure, and hold valve stem so it doesn't sink into tire rim.
Gallon, Campbell Hausfeld, Pancake Air Compressor, 5 SCFM @ 90 PSI/100 PSI Maximum, 25' Recoil Hose & Accessories.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

 Campbell Hausfeld MP5200 25-Piece Accessory Kit with Case:http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0009KN9PE
 GoodYear 045 3/8-Inch-by-50-Feet Safety Yellow Rubber Hose 3/8 -Inch by 50-Feet 250 PSI With 1/4-Inch Ends:http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000225E0