From: Arjune@carlo.com
Subject: Factory-Reconditioned Skil 3400-46 15 Amp 10-Inch Table Saw
Date: Friday, 22 May 09 12:09:31 GMT
Date: 2009-05-22T12:09:31+00:00	[thread overview]

Price:$311.58
Image: http://bestdiscountfinder.info/image.php?id=B0013KQOJW
Best deal: http://bestdiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B0013KQOJW

I purchased the reconditioned Skill Table Saw for two reasons, #1 price and #2 product reputation. The saw was packaged extremely well with no visible damage to the shipping box. I waited a couple of days before I opened the box and set it up. It looked great, just as advertised. Unfortunately when I completed the assembly process I noticed that the table looked bent. I got a level and checked it out.Sure enough, the front left side was bent down 3/8th's of a inch. Of course this is not acceptable. I tried to reorder the saw only to be advised that the item was not available,( even though the web site still shows that it is in stock ). Needless to say that I am not a happy camper. So I learned that products should be opened and inspected as soon as you get it, Me waiting a few days to open the box will more than likely cost me additional money due to the fact that this item is no longer available. Don't bother contacting Skill support because as soon as I told them I purchased it from Amazon they pretty much blew me off. So as the title states, I am not happy. Factory-Reconditioned Skil 3400-46 15 Amp 10-Inch Table Saw
Looks & Runs and Cuts just great..!  I couldn't be any happier. I think I even ended up with an extra Accessory handle, - {In case they come up short in their inventory, that's where it went}..!    Thank You.   G-G
The saw weighs 29 lbs even though the shipping weight was reportedly 45 lbs.  It may not be gray in color, [mine was the red model advertised elsewhere] and as the previous review says, it may not be the model advertised.

My experience was that the saw was not adjusted so that it could be used out of the box.  The enclosed note said that it was adjusted in the factory, but it might have gotten out of adjustment in shipping.  However the saw was very well packaged and the adjustment could not have been altered by anything except severe damage to the package.

I tried to adjust the blade alignment since it was visually out of line, [by measurement too].  It was impossible to loosen the adjusting screws, and appeared to be far enough out of adjustment that the directions recommended taking it to a professional.

I decided to send it back, and had to search for a number that would have a person answer the phone. Once I contacted a person, the return request went well, so I boosted the review one star.  The return shipping was about 1/2 the purchase price.

I ended up getting a portable Craftsman Professional Jobsite Saw for $329 and am happy with it.  I probably should have bought that first, but this saw appeared to be better than it turned out to be.
I just purchased this saw - i found very little information about it, but the brand was good so i went for it.  I have no idea what the 3400-46-RT is all about, but i'm pretty sure they just sent me the 3400-20.  I don't know the difference, and the 3400-20 sells for $10 more on amazon so i didn't complain.

I made a simple shelf with the saw and it worked fine.  I can't offer much as far as comparisons because it is my first table saw.
This is a factory reconditioned power tool. Reconditioned generally means that the tool has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the tool back to like new condition. Some tools may contain cosmetic blemishes. Includes 10" 15 Amp Table Saw - 3400-46, Blade Guard, Splitter, Anti-Kickback, 10" 28-Tooth Carbide Tipped Blade, Blade Wrenches, Miter Gauge, Accu-Line Self Aligning Rip Fence

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

 Factory-Reconditioned Ryobi ZRTS1342L 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw with Laser:http://bestdiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B001HTJXZQ
 Factory-Reconditioned Skil 1825-RT 2-1/4-Horsepower 2-Inch 1 Router Combo Kit with Site Light:http://bestdiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B0006B649E
 Yukon Tool YTRB24 24-Piece Router Bit Set:http://bestdiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B00006F702