From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: Proposal: pragma Assumption
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:35:28 GMT
Date: 2008-06-02T19:35:28+00:00	[thread overview]

If you do a little research you will find that Ada is different.  Ada is
special it help the programmer become a better programmer unlike
"C/C++" or FORTRAN, or other languages. JAVA tries to teach the
programmer but SUN keep listening to the bad programmers and alters
the language. The majority of JAVA programmers state that the
"deprecated" error is one of the major complaints of the JAVA
language. Every newer version has some common used routines that
have been altered or replaced that causes this error, which cases the
program to be re-written.

For Ada, there is very little in the form of trade-offs. This is
stated in the RM and the programmers that primarily use Ada likes
it that way, actually we wish it had no trade-offs, but that hard
to make it reality. But the "Ravenscar" concept does helps a great
deal.

Now, there are a lot of "C/C++" people who come to Ada and complain
that Ada wont let them create code their way, they want to dirty Ada
up like other languages, why should we or the Ada's RM let them.

Plus, the concepts of "Portability", "Compatibility" and others are
built into Ada and are stated in the RM. So, any change or patch that
destroys this should be looked as an attempt to "Kill Ada". Because
your patch to the compiler would allow people to violate the RM it
should be abandon.  One reason is your patch could cause students in
classes to fail the course, causing the colleges to complain and stop
using Ada.  Which will inturn make it harder for companies to use
Ada.  Aka the "DEATH OF ADA" but that's what "C/C++"
programmers wants, the "DEATH OF ADA!"

All because you want to modify the language instead of learning and
use an alternative way. that the RM and Ada requires you to learn
and use.

And as for the

>> The only "fix" for actively malicious programmers is firing them.

I say that too nice.  Put that programmer in JAIL for LIFE without
access to a computer or the internet!