* Looking for info on ada 90x
@ 1994-11-04 18:41 L. MAURY
From: L. MAURY @ 1994-11-04 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've heard that Ada 90x, which has not yet been released is supposed to
have object oriented capabilities.  Is this true?  Is there some group
developing new versions of Ada whom I could query directly?

Thanks in advance,

Laurel Maury
lmaury@author.gsfc.nasa.gov

* Re: Looking for info on ada 90x
@ 1994-11-04 22:15 ` Bob Duff
From: Bob Duff @ 1994-11-04 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4NOV199413412458@author.gsfc.nasa.gov>,
L. MAURY <lmaury@author.gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've heard that Ada 90x, which has not yet been released is supposed to
>have object oriented capabilities.  Is this true?  Is there some group
>developing new versions of Ada whom I could query directly?

The Ada 9X reference manual is available via anonymous ftp from
ajpo.sei.cmu.edu in /public/ada9x/rm9x and some subdirectories thereof.
We believe it will become an official standard in the next few months --
I'm calling it "Ada 94", although it might not get published by ISO
until early 1995.

For a "gentle" introduction, I suggest you read the Rationale first.
The Reference Manual itself is rather tough going.

Yes, the new version has object-oriented features: type extension,
inheritance, dynamic binding.

- Bob
--
Bob Duff                                bobduff@inmet.com