From: Reto Buerki <reet@codelabs.ch>
Subject: Re: Interrupt handler and Ada.Real_Time.Timing_Events
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 02:20:54 +0200
Date: 2009-05-16T02:20:54+02:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> On May 15, 6:26 pm, Reto Buerki <r...@codelabs.ch> wrote:
>> What could be the cause for this behavior? Is there a problem with this
>> code?
>
> Ada.Real_Time.Timing_Events's elaboration block creates a task and
> promotes it to an outer level (i.e. it is no longer dependent on a
> master).  The only way to terminate this task is by sending it
> SIGTERM, so the task attaches another signal handler to SIGTERM before
> yours.  That handler catches the signal and does not propagate it to
> any other handler.  See System.Task_Primitives.Operations.Initialize.
>
> I'm afraid there is no way out :) maybe you can use another signal in
> your task?

I tried attaching the handler to various signals. As soon as the timer
task is started in the Ada.Real_Time.Timing_Events elaboration block, my
own handler is not triggered any more. This seems odd.

We are using Ada.Real_Time.Timing_Events to implement an event-driven
architecture in our application. The Timing_Event type seemed perfect
for this.

Nevertheless, the application should still be able to react to signals
it may receive from the operating system. Is it really Timing_Events XOR
interrupt handling?