From: Olivier Scalbert <olivier.scalbert@algosyn.com>
Subject: Programming graphic systems
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:27:59 +0200
Date: 2009-04-23T11:27:59+02:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

When playing with my GPS, I was thinking of the beautiful graphic
systems used in safety critical environment (medical, aircraft, ATC, ...).
I assume lots of them must be written in Ada. I was asking myself how
are they programmed mainly at the graphic level. Does the application
part use a graphic toolkit provided by the graphic board manufacturer or
do you have to program all the graphic primitives yourself in Ada (as
Bresenham line algorithm, ...) and written to the raster memory (which
must be very cool!) ?

Thanks for your info,

Olivier