From: b.mcguinness747@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Q: Trouble creating array and discriminated type
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 10:55:06 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2017-01-21T10:55:06-08:00	[thread overview]

Thank you for your replies.  They have been very helpful to me.  I have gotten the code to compile properly now.

It is also good to have your advice on how to approach these problems.  Although for my current purposes there is no significant difference between starting indices at 0 or starting them at 1, I can now see where this sort of flexibility could be a major advantage; for example, in one algorithm for converting between Julian days and calendar dates it would be convenient to have an array of integers with indices ranging from 3 to 14.  I also take your point about avoiding anonymous arrays.

--- Brian McGuinness