* Ada binding for USB ports on Windows 95?
@ 2008-09-29 15:40 Bob Spooner
From: Bob Spooner @ 2008-09-29 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of such a binding or, lacking that, a source for the
specifications for the C interface so I can write my own?

Bob

* Re: Ada binding for USB ports on Windows 95?
@ 2008-09-29 16:29 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2008-09-29 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:40:35 -0400, Bob Spooner wrote:

> Does anyone know of such a binding or, lacking that, a source for the
> specifications for the C interface so I can write my own?

C specifications can be found in the MSDN. For example HID USB devices:

I doubt that there exist Ada sources, for all the API is catastrophic. For
example, to catch device connect/disconnect notifications you need a
window! They are sent as window message!

As for C. You can find some C++ code here:

   http://lvr.com/hidpage.htm#MyExampleCode

Beware, if I correctly remember, the code is not very good (contains
superfluous calls, maybe, even leaks resources, I don't remember the
details, sorry. So carefully read Microsoft description of the API
functions the code uses. You will easily figure out its weak points.

P.S. I cannot tell anything useful about Windows 95. AFAIK, it did not
fully support USB.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Ada binding for USB ports on Windows 95? I meant Windows XP
@ 2008-09-30 15:00   ` Bob Spooner
From: Bob Spooner @ 2008-09-30 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was thinking XP and for some reason wrote 95.

USB 2 is what I need. Thanks.

Bob

* Re: Ada binding for USB ports on Windows 95? I meant Windows XP
@ 2008-10-01 11:44     ` RasikaSrinivasan
From: RasikaSrinivasan @ 2008-10-01 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 30, 11:00 am, "Bob Spooner" <rl...@psu.edu> wrote:
> I was thinking XP and for some reason wrote 95.
>
> USB 2 is what I need. Thanks.
>
> Bob

if you intend to build an interface, libusb is a good place to start.
it is also intended to be platform independant.

hope this helps, srini

* Re: Ada binding for USB ports on Windows 95? I meant Windows XP
@ 2008-10-08 16:34       ` Bob Spooner
From: Bob Spooner @ 2008-10-08 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

<RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Sep 30, 11:00 am, "Bob Spooner" <rl...@psu.edu> wrote:
> I was thinking XP and for some reason wrote 95.
>
> USB 2 is what I need. Thanks.
>
> Bob

if you intend to build an interface, libusb is a good place to start.
it is also intended to be platform independant.

hope this helps, srini

Thanks Srini. That looks interesting.

Bob