* Ada 2005 for jvm
@ 2009-03-20  8:58 Alexey Veselovsky
From: Alexey Veselovsky @ 2009-03-20  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is Ada 2005 compiler to jvm bytecode?

* Re: Ada 2005 for jvm
@ 2009-03-20  9:31 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2009-03-20  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alexey Veselovsky schrieb:
> There is Ada 2005 compiler to jvm bytecode?

Last time I ran the AppletMagic compiler there were
some hints to Ada 2005 awareness; ask SofCheck,
http://www.sofcheck.com

There is also JGNAT, don't know about its current
state.

* Re: Ada 2005 for jvm
@ 2009-03-24 14:35   ` Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester
From: Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester @ 2009-03-24 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2009-03-20, Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de> wrote:

|---------------------------------------------------|

|----------------------------------------------------|
|"Last time I ran the AppletMagic compiler there were|
|some hints to Ada 2005 awareness; ask SofCheck,     |
|http://www.sofcheck.com "                           |
|----------------------------------------------------|

SofCheck does not provide an Ada 2005 compiler, because of a lack of
financially supported demand.

|---------------------------------------------------|
|"There is also JGNAT, don't know about its current |
|state."                                            |
|---------------------------------------------------|

The companies of Ada Core Technologies abandoned JGNAT before Ada 2005
was defined because of a lack of financially supported demand.

* Re: Ada 2005 for jvm
@ 2009-03-24 14:48     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-03-24 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 24, 3:35 pm, Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester wrote:
> The companies of Ada Core Technologies abandoned JGNAT before Ada 2005
> was defined because of a lack of financially supported demand.

They revived JGNAT and now support it commercially as part of GNAT Pro
6.2; see their announcement at http://www.adacore.com/2009/03/03/gnatpro62/

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Ada 2005 for jvm
@ 2009-03-24 14:56       ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-03-24 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

And http://www.adacore.com/home/products/gnatpro/supported_platforms/

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Ada 2005 for jvm
@ 2009-03-24 15:17       ` Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester
From: Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester @ 2009-03-24 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=ANSI_X3.4-1968, Size: 938 bytes --]

On 2009-03-24, Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:

|"On Mar 24, 3:35?pm, Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester wrote:                |
|> The companies of Ada Core Technologies abandoned JGNAT before Ada 2005   |
|> was defined because of a lack of financially supported demand.           |
|                                                                           |
|They revived JGNAT and now support it commercially as part of GNAT Pro     |
|6.2; see their announcement at http://www.adacore.com/2009/03/03/gnatpro62/|
|                                                                           |
|--                                                                         |
|Ludovic Brenta."                                                           |

Touch�.

* Re: Ada 2005 for jvm
@ 2009-03-25 10:01     ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2009-03-25 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester schrieb:

> |"Last time I ran the AppletMagic compiler there were|
> |some hints to Ada 2005 awareness; ask SofCheck,     |
> |http://www.sofcheck.com "                           |
>
> SofCheck does not provide an Ada 2005 compiler, because of a lack of
> financially supported demand.

This does not, however, mean that their compiler is not
receiving updates.