* ViewMTN service restored on www.ada-france.org
@ 2009-01-27 18:49 Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-01-27 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have finally gotten around to installing, testing and restoring the
ViewMTN service on http://www.ada-france.org:8081.

This is a web interface to the Monotone server, which has been running
without interruption or problems since 2008-12-16. This web interface
allows browsing the histories and downloading a tarball of any
revision.

In addition to most Ada in Debian packaging scripts, the OS Lovelace
and OpenToken projects are hosted in this database.

For more details, see http://www.ada-france.org/article131.html.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: ViewMTN service restored on www.ada-france.org
@ 2009-01-27 22:52 ` Manuel Gomez
From: Manuel Gomez @ 2009-01-27 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27 ene, 19:49, Ludovic Brenta <ludo...@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
> I have finally gotten around to installing, testing and restoring the
> ViewMTN service onhttp://www.ada-france.org:8081.

All the links on that page are currently returning "internal server
error"

* Re: ViewMTN service restored on www.ada-france.org
@ 2009-01-28  9:34   ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-01-28  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 27, 11:52 pm, Manuel Gomez wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> On 27 ene, 19:49, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>
> > I have finally gotten around to installing, testing and restoring the
> > ViewMTN service onhttp://www.ada-france.org:8081.
>
> All the links on that page are currently returning "internal server
> error"

Not im my experience (I just tried several branches and the list of
tags again). I'll look at the server log tonight. Which links
specifically give you this error?

--

@ 2009-01-28 10:49     ` Anders Wirzenius
From: Anders Wirzenius @ 2009-01-28 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> On Jan 27, 11:52�pm, Manuel Gomez wrote on comp.lang.ada:
>> On 27 ene, 19:49, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>>
>> > I have finally gotten around to installing, testing and restoring the
>> > ViewMTN service onhttp://www.ada-france.org:8081.
>>
>> All the links on that page are currently returning "internal server
>> error"
>
> Not im my experience (I just tried several branches and the list of
> tags again). I'll look at the server log tonight. Which links
> specifically give you this error?

I got "internal server error" on some links this morning (7.30
EET). The browsing was from the address 81.209.10.42
(cy42.netikka.fi).

Now at least the last three links are not giving that
error. 12.45 EET, from 194.251.142.28.

--
Anders

* Re: ViewMTN service restored on www.ada-france.org
@ 2009-01-29  0:29       ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2009-01-29  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 28, 11:49 am, Anders Wirzenius wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Ludovic Brenta writes:

> >> All the links on that page are currently returning "internal server
> >> error"
>
> > Not im my experience (I just tried several branches and the list of
> > tags again). I'll look at the server log tonight. Which links
> > specifically give you this error?
>
> I got "internal server error" on some links this morning (7.30
> EET). The browsing was from the address 81.209.10.42
> (cy42.netikka.fi).
>
> Now at least the last three links are not giving that
> error. 12.45 EET, from 194.251.142.28.

Thanks for the reports. I have investigated the logs and asked the
author of ViewMTN what the problem might be. As it turns out, you get
a "500 Internal Error" if you send a request to ViewMTN while someone
else, at the same time, is using the monotone server (over netsync).
The monotone server locks the database and ViewMTN cannot read from
it.

So, the simple solution if you see this error message again is: try
again a few moments later.

I may try to find the time to reduce this annoyance but I make no
promises. This problem is quite minor after all.

--

@ 2009-01-29  6:49         ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2009-01-29  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> On Jan 28, 11:49 am, Anders Wirzenius wrote on comp.lang.ada:
>>
>> Now at least the last three links are not giving that
>> error. 12.45 EET, from 194.251.142.28.
>
> Thanks for the reports. I have investigated the logs and asked the
> author of ViewMTN what the problem might be. As it turns out, you get
> a "500 Internal Error" if you send a request to ViewMTN while someone
> else, at the same time, is using the monotone server (over netsync).
> The monotone server locks the database and ViewMTN cannot read from
> it.
>
> So, the simple solution if you see this error message again is: try
> again a few moments later.

Maybe the author of ViewMTN could use HTTP status code
409 (conflict) or 503 (service unavailable)?
(In case you happen to exchange mail again.)