From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.tsoh.plus-bug.bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: Question on GNAT-GPS
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:44:13 +0100
Date: 2008-11-29T00:44:18+01:00	[thread overview]

R wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed the GPS suite on my system, started a compile of a (simple) file
> and got results. The file has *.o extensions. How can I transform these
> files to executables?

In case the file that you compiled is a main unit
(and if you want to rely on the GPS mechanisms to build
executables), tell GPS that this unit is a main file:
Build -> Project Properties -> Tab Main files.
(GNAT by default uses a one file <-> one unit correspondence.)

Behind the scene, compiling, binding and linking an Ada main
unit can be triggered by running

$ gnatmake your_main_unit.adb

(This would also create your_main_unit.o, among other files.)

The Getting Started chapter in Help -> GNAT -> GNAT User's Guide
is highly recommended reading, even if you intend to work within
the IDE.

HTH