From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.tsoh.plus-bug.bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: XML/Ada - reading an attribute
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:10:40 +0200
Date: 2008-09-11T16:10:50+02:00	[thread overview]

Thomas Locke wrote:
> Hey group,
>
> I'm currently doing this in order to read the seconds attribute of the
> simulation_length element: http://pastebin.ca/1199908
>
> My current solution is working quite well and it gets the job done, I'm
> just wondering if there's a "better" way.

http://www.mckae.com/xia.html  might make access more
comfortable.

At the opposite end, not necessarily a better way, but
have you considered a SAX style parser with callbacks
triggered by certain nodes?
I have found that useful when processing lots of
similar subtrees of the XML document.  No need for a
DOM then.