* XML/Ada - reading an attribute
@ 2008-09-11 12:35 Thomas Locke
From: Thomas Locke @ 2008-09-11 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey group,

I'm currently doing this in order to read the seconds attribute of the
simulation_length element: http://pastebin.ca/1199908

My current solution is working quite well and it gets the job done, I'm
just wondering if there's a "better" way. I've only just started working
with XML/Ada, so it's pretty safe to say that I'm not very good at it
yet.  :o)

Regards,
/Thomas

* Re: XML/Ada - reading an attribute
@ 2008-09-11 14:10 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2008-09-11 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Locke wrote:
> Hey group,
>
> I'm currently doing this in order to read the seconds attribute of the
> simulation_length element: http://pastebin.ca/1199908
>
> My current solution is working quite well and it gets the job done, I'm
> just wondering if there's a "better" way.

http://www.mckae.com/xia.html  might make access more
comfortable.

At the opposite end, not necessarily a better way, but
have you considered a SAX style parser with callbacks
triggered by certain nodes?
I have found that useful when processing lots of
similar subtrees of the XML document.  No need for a
DOM then.