From: Georg Bauhaus <see.reply.to@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: Runtime versions (GPL vs Modified GPL)
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 03:53:12 +0200
Date: 2008-05-17T03:53:12+02:00	[thread overview]

anon wrote:
> The only reason a person want to re-license an Ada source code is to
> create "Close Source". Adacore has limited that to GNAT PRO version
> or you must use a non-GNAT (Adacore) Ada.  Which means the Ada
> spec is limited to "Ada 95" only at the movement.

This conclusion is strange. The FSF makes GCC available, with
linking exceptions (GMGPL in the Ada case), and they have the
right to do so because of their presence when received,
and copyright assignments.
(Representatives of AdaCore have explained this at length on
comp.lang.ada.)

As a FSF GNAT user, you are just on your own, or on some
communications channel, if you use a GNAT without a support
from a company that offers GNAT support.

>  And the GMGPL
> is only given from Adacore not any other party for GNAT PRO.

GMGPL GNAT is available from the FSF, for example.
The FSF also explains why they have linking exceptions
etc. go with some of their software,

> The following parts from libre.adacore.com FAQ proves my point!

Then your point is only about GNAT GPL edition from AdaCore.
There are more GNATs than this fine one.