From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.tsoh.plus-bug.bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: Shared library in Ada
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:41:14 +0200
Date: 2008-04-19T13:41:16+02:00	[thread overview]

Sebastien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new developper in Ada, and I found out a really suprising and
> unknown language. I have a read a lot of stuff on internet, made many
> tests.
>
> Now there is only one things I didn't get information about.
>
> I'd like to create a share object in Ada and use it in an Ada software.

I suppose you are referring to dynamic linking at the OS level?
In this case you need to import functions from the library, perhaps
using pragma Import. Also, have a look at descriptions of the Ada
package hierarchy "Interfaces".

The imported functions will have to match subprogram declarations
in your package mylibpkg.

The documentation that came with your compiler should explain
the switches needed for linking with shared libraries.