From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.tsoh.plus-bug.bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: AdaHome - A Persistent Problem
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:32:04 +0200
Date: 2008-04-03T12:32:07+02:00	[thread overview]

Steve wrote:

> Sounds like a challenge for some ambitious individual to make it more of a
> nuisance for Magnus to keep the site alive than to take it down.  Perhaps
> giving him a flood of email requests to take the site down or turn it over
> (perhaps automated).  I don't normally condone such activity, but it appears
> that his keeping the site up in its current state is malicious.

Please, consider the effects. The site archives quite some
valuable material. And, one might even argue that when a link
does not work, it is information. A broken link traces changes
such as Ada 9X/95 resources being taken off the net elsewhere.
You can then at least try to find the resource---because you have
a name, a title, and so on.

The site offers some articles exclusively.
For example, there is an overview article by Tucker Taft that
briefly outlines enhancements that Ada 9X contributes to Ada 83,
with examples. The focus of the EE Times article from 1994 is on
Ada for embedded systems development. Its focal points let you
see clearly what Ada is all about. A remarkable quality, IMHO.

http://www.adahome.com/Resources/Papers/General/EE-Times-940606-Taft.html

Can you find this anywhere else?

And can't we just trust in today's "web users" capabilities?
Won't they see that Adahome.com is an old book on the
web book shelf, among others? Or is it that relevant readers prefer
not to use Google? Or do they read only what they are given?