From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.tsoh.plus-bug.bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: Differences with/without .all
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:21:18 +0100
Date: 2008-03-17T22:21:19+01:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> Alex R. Mosteo writes:

>> protected type Safe;
>> type Safe_Access is access all Safe;
>> function S return Safe_Access;
>>
>> S.Some_Procedure;
>> --  This fails with
>> --  Prefix of protected procedure or entry call must be variable
>>
> The compiler is correct.
>
> 6.4(9): "When there is an actual_parameter_part, the prefix can be an
> implicit_dereference of an access-to-subprogram value."

I think the parameter profile of Some_Procedure isn't the
issue here as Some_Procedure is just a procedure of
Safe, but not an access to procedure.
 OTOH, S'Result points to a protected object and procedure
Some_Procedure is invoked with this (variable) object.

FWIW, another compiler is fine with the above.