* GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-15 17:09 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2019-09-15 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I posted three Ada contributions on GitHub under the name of ldries46.
Three are:
1. A standard way to Initiate a program. The program will be initiated with
a number of parameters which have been set in the last use of the program.
The method is not Operating system dependent.
2. Three ways of using memory. The stack, the pipe and the random access
buffer all of these methods are only limited by the physical amount of
memory the Operating system can reach
3. A way of creating a new project with a Gtk(Ada) with the use of a program
that converts a Template project into a project you want to use.

L. Dries

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-16 18:56 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2019-09-16 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 10:09:56 AM UTC-7, ldries46 wrote:
> I posted three Ada contributions on GitHub under the name of ldries46.
> Three are:
> 1. A standard way to Initiate a program. The program will be initiated with
> a number of parameters which have been set in the last use of the program.
> The method is not Operating system dependent.
> 2. Three ways of using memory. The stack, the pipe and the random access
> buffer all of these methods are only limited by the physical amount of
> memory the Operating system can reach
> 3. A way of creating a new project with a Gtk(Ada) with the use of a program
> that converts a Template project into a project you want to use.
>
> L. Dries

Thank you for sharing your work.

Could you provide a link to it. Searching for "Idries46" under github site returns 0 result.

Anh Vo

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-16 21:57   ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 2019-09-16 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anh Vo <anhvofrcaus@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 10:09:56 AM UTC-7, ldries46 wrote:
>> I posted three Ada contributions on GitHub under the name of ldries46.
>> Three are:
>> 1. A standard way to Initiate a program. The program will be initiated with
>> a number of parameters which have been set in the last use of the program.
>> The method is not Operating system dependent.
>> 2. Three ways of using memory. The stack, the pipe and the random access
>> buffer all of these methods are only limited by the physical amount of
>> memory the Operating system can reach
>> 3. A way of creating a new project with a Gtk(Ada) with the use of a program
>> that converts a Template project into a project you want to use.
>
> Thank you for sharing your work.
>
> Could you provide a link to it. Searching for "Idries46" under github
> site returns 0 result.

https://github.com/ldries46

(The first letter is 'L', not 'I'.)

Will write code for food.

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-17  0:41     ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2019-09-17  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 2:57:48 PM UTC-7, Keith Thompson wrote:
> Anh Vo <anhvofrcaus@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 10:09:56 AM UTC-7, ldries46 wrote:
> >> I posted three Ada contributions on GitHub under the name of ldries46.
> >> Three are:
> >> 1. A standard way to Initiate a program. The program will be initiated with
> >> a number of parameters which have been set in the last use of the program.
> >> The method is not Operating system dependent.
> >> 2. Three ways of using memory. The stack, the pipe and the random access
> >> buffer all of these methods are only limited by the physical amount of
> >> memory the Operating system can reach
> >> 3. A way of creating a new project with a Gtk(Ada) with the use of a program
> >> that converts a Template project into a project you want to use.
> >
> > Thank you for sharing your work.
> >
> > Could you provide a link to it. Searching for "Idries46" under github
> > site returns 0 result.
>
> https://github.com/ldries46
>
> (The first letter is 'L', not 'I'.)

I got it now. Thanks for your info.

Anh Vo

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-17  5:22     ` Lucretia
From: Lucretia @ 2019-09-17  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 16 September 2019 22:57:48 UTC+1, Keith Thompson  wrote:

> > Could you provide a link to it. Searching for "Idries46" under github
> > site returns 0 result.
>
> https://github.com/ldries46
>
> (The first letter is 'L', not 'I'.)

S/He should've provided the link, it's not obvious that it's an L and not an I, I always thought it was an I.

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-17 18:56       ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2019-09-17 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 10:22:33 PM UTC-7, Lucretia wrote:
> S/He

"Per" https://stallman.org/articles/genderless-pronouns.html

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-17 19:06         ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2019-09-17 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 10:22:33 PM UTC-7, Lucretia wrote:
>> S/He
>
> "Per" https://stallman.org/articles/genderless-pronouns.html

Most of the time "they" does just fine. As ever, you have to think about
what you're writing to make sure it actually says what you intend.

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-17 19:09         ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2019-09-17 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 12:56:56 PM UTC-6, Stephen Leake wrote:
> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 10:22:33 PM UTC-7, Lucretia wrote:
> > S/He
>
> "Per" https://stallman.org/articles/genderless-pronouns.html

English *already* has a genderless pronoun: "it".
(Sure, there are some negative connotations, but that's the price you pay for PC.)

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-17 19:39           ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2019-09-17 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2019-09-17 21:09, Shark8 wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 12:56:56 PM UTC-6, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 10:22:33 PM UTC-7, Lucretia wrote:
>>> S/He
>>
>> "Per" https://stallman.org/articles/genderless-pronouns.html
>
> English *already* has a genderless pronoun: "it".

E.g. "it rains"

An exciting advantage is that "it" is personless, so people carrying
multiple personalities or none at will feel offended no more ...

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: GitHub contributions
@ 2019-09-17 23:56             ` Paul Rubin
From: Paul Rubin @ 2019-09-17 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> An exciting advantage is that "it" is personless, so people carrying
> multiple personalities or none at will feel offended no more ...

There was a Spider Robinson(?) story where an editor disparaged a
proposal of a new pronoun combining "she", "he", and "it".  The pronoun
itself was not precisely specified but the reader could figure it out.