From: Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net>
To: Michael Feldman <mfeldman@gwu.edu>
Subject: Re: "Who's Using Ada" - April 2008 edition
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:05:48 +0200
Date: 2008-04-03T18:05:48+02:00	[thread overview]

Michael,

> That's an interesting application! I'll include it in the next edition.
> Do you think I should list it under "desktop applictions"?

Yes and I would rename the section "desktop/web applications".

> For the future, I'd prefer receiving information by direct e-mail to me
> at mfeldman@gwu.edu. It's easier for me to process, plus sometimes I
> receive tips from people who don't want them to be seen publicly.

My message was forwarded to you.

> Now about v2p: From the site itself, it's difficult to know that it's
> written using AWS. I think it would be very interesting for you to write
> up an "about this site" page, explaining this.

You did not look hard :) There is a link on the main page: "En savoir
plus." and in this page we give information about the project and at the
bottom we clearly say that it is built in Ada and using AWS and Gwiad
(with direct links). This is also a nice demo for the AWS's Ajax
framework I would say.

> Is this an open-source project? If so, you might want to link to the
> source.

Yes, it is Open Source.

> Finally, do you think you could make an English version of the site? It
> might make the site more widely useful. Moi, je peux lire francais...:--)

Well, it is Open Source so we are ready for contribution. The story is
simple. We did (with Olivier Ramonat which is the co-developer) use
another service for photo critics. This Web site was closed and all the
sources disappear as not Open Source. So we decided to built one
ourself! But we do not have the time resource to build one in all
languages :)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|