From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: ANN: GNAT/GPL Solaris 10: 2007-solaris-x86
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:16:08 +0100
Date: 2008-01-29T08:16:08+01:00	[thread overview]

Simon Wright schrieb:
> Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
>> Super - but just a nitpick: We have the architecture as part of the
>> package name and not as part of the version. The reason is that on
>> "Browse all Files" [1] only the newest release is opened and only
>> the last 3 releases are shown at all.
>
> OK - but I don't see this policy defined anywhere?

That was decided when the project was started - guess we forgot to write
it down.

> and I don't
> understand the R6, R7, R8 tags?

Most packages deliver more then just the compiler. The R6, R7, R8
indicate which collection of packages will work together. The need for
such distinction comes largely from "hidden" compiler library which is
needed to compile ASIS, GLADE and the GPS.

Sadly AdaCore claims it is not possible to create a proper library for
use with ASIS, GLADE and the GPS. Only Ludovic has proven long ago that
this is not true.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net