From: Gautier <gautier@fakeaddress.nil>
Subject: Re: TIOBE Programming Community
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 20:23:22 +0100
Date: 2007-12-15T20:23:22+01:00	[thread overview]

Martin Krischik:

> About a year ago I observed that the top 5 languages comunities are loosing
> ground in favour of smaller languages comunities.

I have the impression that the whole distribution becomes more "flat". You also
have all theses waves of scripting languages. Probably in 5-10 years you will
have 50 "A" languages, including plenty of out-of-fashion scripting languages
with ghost web pages... TIOBE should make different indexes: at least one for
compiled languages and one for script languages. Mixing everything together is a
bit silly, to be polite... Also too little credit is given to sustainability (3
months is as bit short...). Nonetheless the basic idea of that index is
interesting. I just have an idea to make it more meaningful - coming soon...

> Sad that the Ada comunity could not gain from that trend. Of course we have
> been hobbled because of the shift from usenet to more modern platforms like
> YouTube. Or Google Blogs - which brings me to an idea - maybe I should
> start to blog all my comp.lang.ada posts in Google Blogs.

Do you think it is even possible to automatize in a gateway fashion, a bit like
http://www.ada-france.org/mailman/listinfo ? I kind of remember having seen
blogs relayed to ng's.
Gautier         -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/index.htm
Ada programming -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm