From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.tsoh+bauhaus@maps.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: ObjectAda and Long_Long_Float
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:51:57 +0100
Date: 2007-12-05T14:52:00+01:00	[thread overview]

axtens schrieb:
> G'day everyone,
>
> In Dmitry Kazakov's Intervals package, he was a file,
> Float_Intervals.ads which contains:
>
> with Intervals.Floats;
> package Float_Intervals is new Intervals.Floats (Float);
>
> Today I put Long_Float in between the parentheses instead of Float,
> tweaked a few things in my project and now I've got better precision.
> If I want to increase the precision, what else can in put in there?
> "digits 36"?

You can put in a type name of any floating point type,
e.g. one that has "digits 36" in it's declaration.
The compiler you are using will tell you whether it can
support a floating point type with 36 digits.
If so, then Dmitry's generic can be instantiated with the type.

If you need to use results in another language (through a
binding), have a look at Interfaces.C; there are C_float and
related types. They should match FPT types in other languages
(that typically do not support programmer defined FPT types).