From: Graham Stark <graham.stark@virtual-worlds.biz>
Cc: mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de
Subject: Re: Status of GNADE ODBC under Debian 64-bit
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 02:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-09-04T02:40:32-07:00	[thread overview]

I'm interested in this as I use GNADE quite a bit.

If you just change SQLUINTEGER to SQLUBIGINT in the indicated places Ludovic's
warning goes away. It seems harmless either way, to the limited extent that I understand the code - the thing that's declared as a pointer is really just a bitmap, so it's just that the top 32 bits can't be set by that function.

The SQLLEN thing looks like a different problem and really quite nasty - I hadn't come across this before. My reading of it is that some ODBC drivers might need 32 bits there even on 64 bit systems; see this, for instance: http://www.martin-evans.me.uk/node/99

I have notice some funny behaviour retrieving strings from databases, where the length is not returned correctly, so maybe that's the cause. Never seen a crash, though.

Graham