From: Christophe TRAVERS <christophe.travers1@free.fr>
Subject: Ada checks suppression thanks to compilation options and Ada conformity
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 00:09:32 +0100
Date: 2007-11-09T00:09:35+01:00	[thread overview]

I send this message in order to get your opinion on the following
subject :

An Ada program was supposed to take into account the Ada exceptions :
CONSTRAINT_ERROR, NUMERIC_ERROR, ...
The pragma SUPPRESS was forbidden. So, it was not used in the Ada source
code.
Everybody was convinced that the exception mechanism was fully
operational in the embedded object executable.

Nevertheless,  the object code was compiled thanks to the Ada TARTAN
compiler with some compilation options  have suppressed all the "checks"
in the entire object code.

From my point of view, these compilation options that can suppress the
checks are a way to get around the Ada language norm.

What it you opinion on this suject?.

Sincerely.