* New home for the Debian Ada Policy
@ 2006-04-28 10:57 Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2006-04-28 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some of you may have noticed the sad demise of the Ada-France web site;
the server never recovered from a hard disk crash. That server was the
place where I published the Debian Policy for Ada, and where I placed
my Debian packages for my sponsors to pick up and upload to the
official Debian archive.

Stéphane Richard has been kind enough to provide a gig of disk space
on his web site so I could publish these assets again.  The new URL for
the Debian Policy for Ada is thus:

http://www.adaworld.com/debian/debian-ada-policy.html

It is also possible to just browse the file hierarchy under
http://www.adaworld.com/debian . There you will find the Policy in
plain text, info, PDF and the original Texinfo source formats, as well
as a Debian repository with my latest and greatest packages. I
periodically delete packages from that archive as they are uploaded
into the official Debian archive.

Impatient Debian users can also add the following lines to their
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.adaworld.com/debian ada main
deb-src http://www.adaworld.com/debian ada main

The repository also supports pinning if you add the following to
/etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release a=ada
Pin-Priority: 600

(adjust the Pin-Priority to taste). Then you can use "apt-get install"
and "apt-get source" to obtain my packages before everyone else :)
Otherwise, you can just wait a few more days and get the packages from
Debian as usual.

Many thanks to Stéphane Richard for this web space.

I would encourage anyone interested to mirror this space so that the
Debian Ada Policy is always available somewhere on the web.

(PS. Thanks to Peter Hermann for reminding me I had to send this
announcement).

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: New home for the Debian Ada Policy
@ 2006-04-28 19:19 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-04-28 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ludovic Brenta" <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote in message
> Some of you may have noticed the sad demise of the Ada-France web site;
> the server never recovered from a hard disk crash.

Is it gone permanently? If so, I'll get the links removed from our site.
(I've been assuming that it was temporarily unavailable - that happens a lot
with the web sites that we index for the AdaIC search engine.)

                   Randy Brukardt, Technical Webmaster, AdaIC.org/.com