* ANN: Fuzzy sets for Ada v5.0
@ 2007-09-09 19:22 Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2007-09-09 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/fuzzy.htm

The current version includes distributions of string edit, interval
arithmetic and simple components packages. It provides implementations of:

- Confidence factors with the operations not, and, or, xor, +, *;
- Classical fuzzy sets with the set-theoretic operations and the operations
of the possibility theory;
- Intuitionistic fuzzy sets with the operations on them;
- Fuzzy logic based on the intuitionistic fuzzy sets and the possibility
theory;
- Fuzzy numbers both integer and floating-point ones with conventional
arithmetical operations;
- Dimensioned fuzzy numbers;
- Fuzzy linguistic variables and sets of linguistic variables with
operations on them;
- Dimensioned fuzzy linguistic variables and sets;
- String-oriented I/O is supported;

The software is distributed under GM GPL.

New in this release:

A rich GUI interface based on GTK+ (The GIMP Toolkit portable across many
operating systems including Windows and Linux). The provided set of widgets
and tree view cell renderes covers:

- Indication and editing of truth values;
- Editing and viewing of fuzzy sets, intuitionistic fuzzy sets and
classification in textual and as a list;
- Editing and viewing sets of linguistic variables.

The linguistic variables sets editor features:

- Domain set view representing individual membership functions of the
variables;
- Annotated axes of the domain view;
- Dimensioned domains support;
- Scroll bars of the domain view axes;
- Multiple selection of the variables and individual points of membership
functions;
- Visual selection of the variables and points of their membership
functions in the domain;
- Indication of the selected variables;
- Indication of the selected points of the membership functions of;
- Searching for the points of the membership functions;
- Indication of an accumulated set of the linguistic variables;
- Editing of the accumulated sets;
- Zooming the widget along its axis;
- Zooming in and out per selection of a rectangular area;
- Scrolling the widget;
- Undo/redo buffer for editing;
- A separate undo/redo buffer for all actions changing the visual
appearance of the widget;
- Tracking the mouse cursor in the widget;
- Indication and editing the names of the variables in the set in a tree
view;
- Indication and editing the points of the membership functions of
individual variables in the tree view;
- Checking names for legality and duplication, indication of illegal names;
- Moving groups of selected points of the membership functions along the
axis per mouse;
- Adding, removing, moving variables in the set;
- Adding, removing points of the variables;
- Applying operations, such as not, and, or, xor to the selected variables
and inserting the result of.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: ANN: Fuzzy sets for Ada v5.0
@ 2007-09-11  2:00 ` Steve Whalen
From: Steve Whalen @ 2007-09-11  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 9, 12:22 pm, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/fuzzy.htm

Thanks all the hard work it must have taken to create this and for
releasing it under GM GPL.

Now I just have to create some time try it out <g>.

Steve

* Re: ANN: Fuzzy sets for Ada v5.0
@ 2007-09-11  8:00   ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2007-09-11  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve Whalen wrote:
> On Sep 9, 12:22 pm, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
> wrote:
>> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/fuzzy.htm

> Thanks all the hard work it must have taken to create this and for
> releasing it under GM GPL.
>
> Now I just have to create some time try it out <g>.

(Plus permission, and pay. :-/ Right now we have to code
a routine that decides whether or not incoming data is
off bounds, depending also on earlier decisions... Alas,
the routine will involve us, too, and Perl. Did anyone consider
to use stock market data as a source of fairly good random
numbers of unpredictable tendency? Expensive, but it works.)