From: Kevin.Marciniak@gmail.com
Subject: Re: using jGRASP to compile Ada
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 20:43:56 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2007-12-01T20:43:56-08:00	[thread overview]

On Dec 1, 7:39 pm, "Larry A Barowski"
<ThisisLarrybarAtEngDotAuburnDotLearninginstitution> wrote:
> <Kevin.Marcin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Dec 1, 9:14 am, "Larry A Barowski"
> > <ThisisLarrybarAtEngDotAuburnDotLearninginstitution> wrote:
> >> What happens if you do
> >>    gnatmake -g hello_world.adb
> >> from the command line? Usually, if it works from the command
> >> line it should work from jGRASP.
>
> > I get the same error.  I went to the directory that the source file is
> > in and tried to compile from the command line, but the same error
> > happens.  Is there a step that I'm not doing?  I unzipped the binaries
> > from sourceforge, then I included the folder that I unzipped to in the
> > Windows system path.  Then I wrote the simple hello_world.adb.  Then I
> > tried to compile from the command line with gnatmake -g
> > hello_world.adb and I still get the same error.  Are you using the
> > binaries from sourceforge or from some place else?
>
> I haven't tried it for a long time. The download site doesn't seem to
> be responding, but I'll try later. Exactly what package did you
> download? The sourceforge site seems to just point to the
> AdaCore site for the GNAT/GPL for Windows download.
>
> A google search for the error message doesn't turn up any GNAT
> references except for this thread, so I doubt that it's a common
> problem. Did you add the GNAT directory to the front of the
> PATH? Maybe if you added it to the back, GNAT is calling some
> other (wrong) gcc.

Of all the things I didn't do was a reboot!!!!!!  After the reboot it
compiled, binded, linked, and ran hello_world just fine.  Blast
Windows.  No where in ANY installation instructions did it say to
reboot after installing MinGW, GNU Ada, or jGRASP!!!!  I can't believe
that's all I had to do.  What was I thinking?  Of course on a
Microsoft Windows machine it needs a reboot!  Thanks everyone for the
help though.