From: rlove@mac.com (Robert Love)
Subject: Re: GNAT Programming System Problems
Date: 23 Jun 2004 06:39:33 -0700
Date: 2004-06-23T06:39:33-07:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> wrote in message news:<2004622-163941-23702@foorum.com>...

> BTW, how come the powers that be allow you to use GPS of they won't
> allow newer versions of GNAT?

Those "powers that be" aren't doing any programming.  They don't know
the issues staying with the old compiler. They just know it is no risk
to stay as is.

Most of my coworkers are using a home brewed development IDE that kind
of looks like Rational's Apex.  So the one or two of us are the only
ones effected. They still use GVD instead of GPS as a front end to
GDB.  I don't think they know that GVD is not being updated any more.

Sadly, GPS is not popular here, there are only 1 or 2 of us using it.
In talking to them the biggest draw back is that style where all
windows are contained in one frame. Yes, I know you can float windows
optionally but it doesn't seem to matter.