* JGNAT and the Stack
@ 2001-10-09 19:47 Aaron Lerch
From: Aaron Lerch @ 2001-10-09 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've compiled some Ada code into Java Bytecode with JGNAT.  The
compile went fine, but I'm finding that I'm getting run-time errors
having to do with "Stack size too large" ...
For those of you with JGNAT experience:  is this resultant from JGNAT
or is it from our Ada code?
Thanks!

Aaron Lerch

* Re: JGNAT and the Stack
@ 2001-10-10 13:05 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-10-10 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aaron Lerch wrote:

> I've compiled some Ada code into Java Bytecode with JGNAT.  The
> compile went fine, but I'm finding that I'm getting run-time errors
> having to do with "Stack size too large" ...
> For those of you with JGNAT experience:  is this resultant from JGNAT
> or is it from our Ada code?
> Thanks!

I've written some pretty good-sized stuff and compiled it with JGNAT,
and not seen that particular error.  Can you post the code that causes
this?

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

* Re: JGNAT and the Stack
@ 2001-10-11 21:53   ` Aaron Lerch
From: Aaron Lerch @ 2001-10-11 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for your offer to help! I actually figured it out. I can't show
you the code, but basically there was a case like this:

Result := ((I and J) xor U);

and something was wierd so the stack was 'full' so I broke it down
into one operation per line which minimized the amount that had to be
put on the stack, and it's all good! (although that's shoddy
programming!!! :) )
Thanks again,
Aaron