From: "John R. Strohm" <strohm@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: FILE IO Error?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 02:24:36 -0800
Date: 2001-12-19T02:24:36-08:00	[thread overview]

Just because you are programming in Ada doesn't mean you can ignore the
basics of debugging.

Add some text_io.put calls, to see what you're reading.

As coded, you appear to be planning on reading PRECISELY 8*(8+1+4) = 104
characters from your file.  You appear not to be expecting separators after
the second name in record i and the first name in record i+1, and you appear
not to be expecting any kind of record breaks.

Is this what you were planning on doing?

"Ray" <yarzepol@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I am reading in some data from a file and despite reading in the data
> successfully, I get this ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS'CHILD_UNIT.END_ERROR which
> means I am trying to read past the EOF.  Can someone explain why I get
> this error or what I am not seeing?
>
> thanks,
>
> Ray

---