From: billwolf@hubcap.clemson.edu (William Thomas Wolfe,2847,)
Subject: Re: mail address updates
Date: 7 Mar 89 03:57:52 GMT	[thread overview]

From article <11850@grebyn.COM>, by karl@grebyn.com (Karl Nyberg):
> I repeat again what I have both published in the newsgroup/mailing list, and
> sent you in private mail:
>
> 	0) administrators of systems with which you are having difficulty
> 	   Generally there are aliases of the forms postmaster (postmast for
> 	   BITNET sites), liasion, root, action, usenet, etc. set up for
> 	   this purpose.
> 	1) your local systems administrator (which we must assume you are
> 	   not)
> 	2) other, net-knowledgeable, systems administrators at Clemson.
> 	3) me (via info-ada-request@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu, or any of the
> 	   addresses listed below).
>
> NOTE: NOWHERE on this list is sending out messages to newsgroups/mailing
> lists considered an appropriate procedure.

     As mentioned via e-mail, I did not read your article regarding
     Info-Ada Administrivia because I do not utilize the Info-Ada system,
     and therefore was not aware of 3) until you sent e-mail.  We were
     discussing 3) via e-mail prior to you posting this article.

     Up until this article, neither you nor anyone else had mentioned 0);
     1) and 2) have already been tried without success: "You're on your
     own now, I've told you everything (nslookup) I know of".

     Routes 0) and 3) will now be utilized as primary address correction
     mechanisms, in that order.  I welcome constructive suggestions,
     sans the flamage & ad hominem attacks which have accompanied
     the ones you've given up to now.

     Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu
     comp.sw.components Mailing List administrator