* Binding gtkextra and gtkada windows xp
@ 2013-08-14  9:56 Dwiki
From: Dwiki @ 2013-08-14  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello,
if anyone has ever bind gtkextra to gtkada in windows? how?
ive been search in google but did'nt find the appropriate article,

thank you

* Re: Binding gtkextra and gtkada windows xp
@ 2013-08-14 11:42 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2013-08-14 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 02:56:20 -0700 (PDT), Dwiki wrote:

> if anyone has ever bind gtkextra to gtkada in windows?

GtkExtra was a part of GtkAda once, thrown away later.

> how?

You could download GtkAda 2.14, take GtkExtra from there and mix them with
GtkAda 2.24 and try to fix problems (at least with Gdk_Pixbuf). I doubt it
is worth the efforts, though.

> ive been search in google but did'nt find the appropriate article,

I would consider something else. GtkExtra is Gtk2, which is obsolete. I
guess GtkExtra uses GDK drawing, no more present in Gtk3. To make it into
Gtk3 they should port it to Cairo first. It is not clear if they are going
to do this any soon. Their home page says that GtkExtra is Gtk2.24. The
actual version of Gtk is 3.8. GtkAda's version is 3.4 (though compatible
with 3.8)

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Binding gtkextra and gtkada windows xp
@ 2013-08-15  3:24   ` Dwiki
From: Dwiki @ 2013-08-15  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pada Rabu, 14 Agustus 2013 18:42:58 UTC+7, Dmitry A. Kazakov  menulis:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 02:56:20 -0700 (PDT), Dwiki wrote:
>

> > if anyone has ever bind gtkextra to gtkada in windows?
>

> GtkExtra was a part of GtkAda once, thrown away later.
>

> > how?
>

> You could download GtkAda 2.14, take GtkExtra from there and mix them with
>
> GtkAda 2.24 and try to fix problems (at least with Gdk_Pixbuf). I doubt it
>
> is worth the efforts, though.
>

> > ive been search in google but did'nt find the appropriate article,
>

> I would consider something else. GtkExtra is Gtk2, which is obsolete. I
>
> guess GtkExtra uses GDK drawing, no more present in Gtk3. To make it into
>
> Gtk3 they should port it to Cairo first. It is not clear if they are going
>
> to do this any soon. Their home page says that GtkExtra is Gtk2.24. The
>
> actual version of Gtk is 3.8. GtkAda's version is 3.4 (though compatible
>
> with 3.8)
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Dmitry A. Kazakov