* JEWL with Aonix ObjectAda
@ 2007-03-29 16:28 Tom Berger
From: Tom Berger @ 2007-03-29 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello
I'm wondering if someone uses the JEWL-package with ObjectAda, because
I can't get it running. I'm using JEWL 1.6 and ObjectAda 7.2.2 on a
Win2000 machine. Can somebody post the project settings (and something
else?) I have to choose?

Thanks and greetings,
Tom Berger

* Re: JEWL with Aonix ObjectAda
@ 2007-03-30 10:44 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2007-03-30 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Berger

Tom Berger wrote:
> Hello
> I'm wondering if someone uses the JEWL-package with ObjectAda, because
> I can't get it running. I'm using JEWL 1.6 and ObjectAda 7.2.2 on a
> Win2000 machine. Can somebody post the project settings (and something
> else?) I have to choose?

=== Setting up JEWL for use with Aonix ObjectAda (8.2) ===

This procedure yields example Windows(TM) programs made from the
JEWL 1.6 distribution examples. The setup is for use with the
command line compiler. Transporting it to one of the Aonix IDEs
should be straight forward, though, I think.

Start cmd.exe and have the PATH variable include the ObjectAda
...\bin directory.
Extract the ZIP into a fresh directory and chdir to it. In the list
below, replace %ObjectAda% with your ObjectAda installation
directory.

 > mkdir build
 > cd build
 > adareg ..\source\*.ad?
 > adareg ..\examples\*.ad?
 > adaopts -p %ObjectAda%\win32ada\binding\lib
 > adabuild -g -G -O1 Font_Test

This builds an executable windows program with debugging information
and some optimazation. Ignore the linker's warning messages about
invalid directives. (Unfortunately, there are non-portable
Linker_Options pragmas in JEWL's sources.)

(Some problems occured when using -w with adabuild, so I didn't.)

HTH,
Georg Bauhaus