From: Yves Bailly <kafka.fr@laposte.net>
Subject: Re: Ada is popular after all
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:11:53 +0100
Date: 2007-02-06T00:11:57+01:00	[thread overview]

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> Yves Bailly writes:
>> If you have any comment about the articles, please let me know.
> Just one: they're really good.  I bought all issues of GMLF where they
> appear, except for Jan and Feb 2007 because I couldn't find them in
> Brussels.  Keep up the good work!
>
> At a local GNU/Linux copy party, I once introduced Ada to two students
> in CS, and noted that "unfortunately Ada is not a fashionable
> language".  One of the students said: "oh yes, it is fashionable, what
> with all these articles in GNU/Linux Magazine France!"

:-) That's nice to read, all this work lead to something after all!

> I hope you find more to say about Ada in future articles.  It seems
> you've now covered pretty much everything about the language, but
> maybe (just a suggestion) you might like to extend the series with Toy
> Lovelace, Qt4Ada or GtkAda?

About ToyLovelace, I'm trying to convince Xavier Grave (the author) to
write something about it by himself. Qt4Ada is not yet enough advanced
I'm afraid (but it's improving). And there has been already an article
about GtkAda in GLMF :
http://www.fdn.fr/~sdescarp/realisations/articles/LM66/LM66_Ada GTK+, le duo
gagnant.html
Also, I don't know Gtk well enough to write anything sensible about it.

I was trying to write something about Annex E, using Glade, but with no
luck. It seems there are some problems in the latest Glade, at least it's
what have been said in this forum (the thread starting at "Help with Glade
(Annex E) on Windows" by Gene).

About OpenRavenscar or MarteOS (to answer Frederic), I have absolutely *no*
experience in real-time or embedded programming, so I won't write anything
about it. But if you wish to write something yourself, I'd be glad to
introduce you to GLMF's redactor-in-chief.

There's also that stupid convention, according to which there's *only* 24h
a day. In combination with another stupid convention which says you have
to work 8-10h a day to earn money so that you and your family can eat at
lunch, it doesn't left much room to find nice ideas :-/

Anyway, any idea is welcome!

Regards,

--
(o< | Yves Bailly  : http://kafka-fr.net   | -o)