* Simple question
@ 1996-11-08  0:00 Paul Carlucci (CS)
From: Paul Carlucci (CS) @ 1996-11-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I'm using gnat under Solaris and SunOS.  I would like to know how
to make a beep.  I'm not talking about playing an au file (although that
would be cool) I just want to make the standard system error beep.  Please
respond with e-mail.

                                                                   Later,
                                                         Paul D. Carlucci
                                        http://www.csee.usf.edu/~carlucci

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
                                                                  -Vyvian
And if I'm not telling the truth, may lightning from the heavens above
strike m^Sn&*aV m)@p2~lf~11~bz-)_ )-4j;a+=q3poj|

NO CARRIER

* Re: Simple question
@ 1996-11-08  0:00 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1996-11-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Carlucci (CS)

Paul> 	I'm using gnat under Solaris and SunOS.  I would like to know
Paul> how to make a beep.  I'm not talking about playing an au file
Paul> (although that would be cool) I just want to make the standard
Paul> system error beep.  Please respond with e-mail.

   Ada.Text_IO.Put (Ada.Characters.Latin_1.BEL);

 Sam
--
  Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org

* simple question
@ 2005-10-24 22:37 Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2005-10-24 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
do you think that there will be a RAD tool like Delphi|Builder for Ada ?
With the easy used visual library, possibility to create custom
controls, integrated debugger, intelli sense and so on.

szymon guz

* Re: simple question
@ 2005-10-25 13:44 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2005-10-25 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz wrote:
> Hi,
> do you think that there will be a RAD tool like Delphi|Builder for Ada ?
> With the easy used visual library, possibility to create custom
> controls, integrated debugger, intelli sense and so on.

That's the goal of David Botton's GNAVI (www.gnavi.org) as I understand
it, though I haven't heard much about his progress on it of late.

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com
-- DTraq - XPath In Ada - XML EZ Out