From: Yves Bailly <kafka.fr@laposte.net>
Subject: Re: Help: program won't ends (GNAT)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:25:01 +0100
Date: 2007-01-22T20:25:22+01:00	[thread overview]

Niklas Holsti wrote:

> Yves Bailly wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm a bit confused by the following behaviour. Please consider this
>> simple program (a much larger one reduced to its minimum):
>     [snip]
>> When I run the program, both strings are displayed, but the program
>> doesn't exit: it just keeps running, eating 75% of my CPU power
>     [snip]
>> Compiled by GNAT-2006 (the latest release) or by the GNAT provided with
>> GCC 4.1, both give the same behaviour.
>
> I observe the same behaviour on gnat 3.15p, Debian Linux. Seems to be a
> GNAT bug of respectable age.

Interestingly, if you move the initialization into the procedure's body:

[...]
   type Rec is
   record
      f: A_2;
   end record;
   var: Rec;
begin
   var.f := (others => (others => Null_Unbounded_String));
[...]

...then it works. Reading other posts, it definitely looks like a bug
in the compiler. Thanks to all for your answers.

Regards,

--
(o< | Yves Bailly  : http://kafka-fr.net   | -o)
//\ | Linux Dijon  : http://www.coagul.org | //\