* A physical comparison of Ada 95 and Ada 2005
@ 2007-01-21 13:29 Niklas Holsti
From: Niklas Holsti @ 2007-01-21 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

A few days ago I received an eagerly awaited Springer hard-copy of the
Ada 2005 LRM (courtesy of Ada Europe, to whom many thanks). Being less
busy than usual I have had some time to study this work and compare it
to the earlier Springer LRM for Ada 95, with the following results:

                  Ada 95   Ada 2005
Weight (g)    :     985       1205
Thickness (mm):      32         27

The height and width are the same, so the overhead in terms of desk-top
area is unchanged, which is good. The result of this comparison is thus
that Ada 2005 is 44.9% denser than Ada 95, as represented by their
respective LRMs. The analogous comparison based on the text of the LRMs
was not in scope for this study :-)

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd

* Re: A physical comparison of Ada 95 and Ada 2005
@ 2007-01-21 20:07 ` prichtmyer
From: prichtmyer @ 2007-01-21 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Perhaps Ada 2005 is not the only (as they say here) "dense" thing
around  :-)

Yeah - I have a little too much time too

thanks for the laugh
Peter

It WAS supposed to be funny, right?   :-)

Niklas Holsti wrote:
> A few days ago I received an eagerly awaited Springer hard-copy of the
> Ada 2005 LRM (courtesy of Ada Europe, to whom many thanks).
-- deleted some --