From: Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@nospam.please>
Subject: A physical comparison of Ada 95 and Ada 2005
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 15:29:15 +0200
Date: 2007-01-21T15:29:15+02:00	[thread overview]

A few days ago I received an eagerly awaited Springer hard-copy of the
Ada 2005 LRM (courtesy of Ada Europe, to whom many thanks). Being less
busy than usual I have had some time to study this work and compare it
to the earlier Springer LRM for Ada 95, with the following results:

                  Ada 95   Ada 2005
Weight (g)    :     985       1205
Thickness (mm):      32         27

The height and width are the same, so the overhead in terms of desk-top
area is unchanged, which is good. The result of this comparison is thus
that Ada 2005 is 44.9% denser than Ada 95, as represented by their
respective LRMs. The analogous comparison based on the text of the LRMs
was not in scope for this study :-)

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd